Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old grad with gap and 220s scores,which field ... - nimb
Hey everyone one, just got my ck result, really disappointed with my score of 223, scored 220 in step 1, really wanted to improve this time, just wanted to know if someone else with scores like me are getting interviews and in which field? And what scores are required for pathology?
Go into whichever field you're passionate for, since that will give your future patients a much better doctor.

If you're asking which fields you are competitive for, there is pathology, pediatrics, psychiatry, family (although friendlier toward US-grads/US-IMGs), and internal if you get US experience.

Please look at match data, as you should be looking at official data rather than asking random strangers on a forum. Google search for "charting outcomes for the match 2018."
http://www.nrmp.org/main-residency-match-data/
Thanks jussoju
Try to get multiple hands-on rotations and complete step3 exam then you will be having good chances of getting matched. There are people passing even with less score by getting strong LORs in US and can get through connections.
You can apply for IM, FM specialty, but along with the score you need to have USCE experience in same specialty you will apply for match to make the CV strong.
dddd
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »