Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with your Personal Statement? - sifodyas357
Hey everyone! Having trouble with your personal statement and need someone to look it over? I am offering personalized editing for $50.

A little about myself. Some of you may have seen me post on here before, I’ve been using this site quite a bit. I don’t have an English degree or any serious background in writing, but what I do have is the knowledge on how to make your personal statement work for you. When I first applied to the Match Cycle, I received 0 interviews. When I applied the next cycle, I received only 1 interview for Family Medicine. I realized something was wrong with my application, and in the year off I had to prepare for the 2019 Match, I spent a lot of time improving my application, but the only thing that really changed for me was changing my Personal Statement. With a better Personal Statement, I ended up getting 12 interviews this cycle, even with my subpar stats and even without reporting my Step 3 score yet (which I plan to do closer to rank list time). I firmly believe the Personal Statement is what helped me out this year, and I’d like to do the same for you guys because this group has helped me a lot during my time off preparing.

My stats: 212/221/CS Passed/US-IMG/YOG 2017
First Cycle: 0 Interviews (applied super late)
Second Cycle: 1 Interview (Family Medicine)
Third Cycle: 12 Interviews (10 Family Medicine, 2 Categorical IM)

There are plenty of other services out there (I’ve used them), but they only do basic editing/grammar without really IMPROVING your personal statement or creating one that holds a Program Director’s interest. There are also even more expensive services out there (looking at you DLA, which has ridiculous pricing), but they charge hundreds of dollars for basically the same thing.

If you are interested, hit me up at chitownla2017. I have a special interest in Family Medicine Personal Statements so if your applying to FM I can hopefully make yours work. Good luck to everyone applying!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »