Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating an inclusive big group for US IMGs - mark18584
Hi everyone,
I am an IMGs who is preparing for board exams and live in PA, US.

Me and a friend from IMG section in the American Medical Association are going create a FB group exlusively for US IMGs that discusses and addresses their different issues esp the challenges for getting a residency spot. We felt that IMGs in US are powerless, underrepresented, marginalized and that there's an urgent need to create a group inclusive of all IMGs in all US states I hope its gonna be a big group and a live one as well that could make prospective changes in policy and decisions regarding IMGs integration in US healthcare system.

Pls note we will only add IMGs living currently in US. Anyone interested in making even a small change or feel his voice is unheard should join the group. pls write in your FB profile so that we can add you because we need momentum as the group is just being established.

Regards.

Mohammed Abbas
I am interested!!
Its a good initiative and I wish you luck but there was a similar group on USMLE Forum and other social media called Residency Ready Physicians for US IMGs before that did not go too far.
Count me in.
Nikhil Vatti
Sacramento California
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »