Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some advice - nandu@peds
hi
I am very old graduate 2001 passed out and ECFMG certification in 2005, still my scores are valid due some reasons shifted back to INDIA in 2005. later I did my post graduation in pediatrics and working as a consulatant in 3 to 4 hospitals. as we received green card we shifted back to USA, so my question is can I apply residency? how are my chances and please give some advice.
You can certainly apply for residency. It will be difficult journey based on your YOG, but people have certainly have matched into their 40s. The best thing you can do is get USCE and network, network, network. That will allow you to see your performance and advocate for you and not just get caught up in your age. Also, look for programs that have no specific YOG cutoffs. Good luck.
Thanks for your valuable advice.
which is a best clinical externship provider?
Yes you can apply for residency match, but as you are an old grad you need to have continuous hands-on clinical experience for making the application and by showing the PDs that you are clinically active. I would suggest to apply for externship rotation through Medclerkships, because i have completed 4 weeks of rotation through them and they provided strong LOR and help a lot with my application. Here is the link you can submit the application free https://.com/apply/
There are many providers out there. It is important that you do your homework to find a credible one which is the best fit for you. I would recommend AMOpportunities and MD2B Connect. You can also look on the AMA website for IMG Observerships.
Thanks once again.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »