Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help - aa2018
Hi everyone,

I am an old graduate from India, applied for residency. I heard from one of the friend that, doing 4th year medical school ( core rotations) in Caribbean medical school would helpful to strengthen CV and getting in to residency for old graduates.

any advice please.
hmm. I don't think that's possible. You can't just do one year of med school in Caribbeans like that. I am a Carib school grad. You have to do all 4 years of schooling with them.

What your friend is describing is probably the dental school model. If you do dental school outside of US, you can come here and do 3rd and 4th yr of Dental school and be eligible to practise dentistry in USA. but tht's not how med school works in USA.
It would be better to do one year of clinical rotations in the field of your interest, get good LOR's and apply.
You cannot apply for 4th medical school in Caribbean medical school because you are a graduate. You can gain externship rotations which are provided when you are a graduate. You can gain externship rotation with Medclerkships they will be providing strong experience and can get strong LORs which can strengthen your CV.

Here is the link you can apply to them https://.com/apply/
Thank you for your information.

Avalon University school of medicine has 48 week Graduate Renewal program for old graduates. does anyone have any idea about it.

any input please.
I dont think it will be helpful, try to get US clinical experience and get strong LORs which are more useful for the application. Also get connections it can help the old grad.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »