Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
internal medicine observerships - desperate_img
hello everyone!
can you please suggest any internal medicine programs that allow for observership/shadowing for IMGs?If you have a personal experience would be even better... I have spent countless hours searching and everywhere there's a problem : either the high price, or the requirements(some require to be clinically currently enrolled in a residency/fellowship program(for me is impossible as i'm studying for the exams and both require a lot of time)
i'm so desperate that i really want to give up this journey...i don't even have the mood to study for my CK...
ps: plz dont suggest agencies coz they cost a fortune (3000/m!!!!) and the programs they send us are not worthy
thank you!!
I was in the same boat as you but it’s very difficult to find observership in hospital. Most are at offsite clinic location but you do get hospital LOR. I did one in IM in brooklyn with agency and it cost me about $1500 per month. If you are interested email me and I’ll connect you. Zdilwale.
Did you get a strong LOR from there?Was it a university hospital?
From a PC - Don't waste your money. Observership LOR's are templates that really mean nothing to programs who read them. If you able to find a free observership, you have lost nothing in getting that LOR, but otherwise it's a waste of your money.
Why do you want to apply for observerships? Hands-on clinical experience are more valuable than observerships, try to gain them they can strengthen the CV and can provide strong LORs.
Santhosh is correct, observerships are viewed almost at the shadowing rotation level for PDs, externships are your best option.
How to get the US clinical hands on experience?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »