Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One specialty or multi specialty / LORs - aegon
Is it better to apply to one specialty or several like 3 specialties? And how the LORs will work in this situation if I applied to 3 specialties? Since each LOR is specialty specific, or I can ask the LOR writer to make it general?
It’s a trade off, if you have a general LOR, that gives the PD a feeling that you are applying to multiple specialities. Many PDs do not prefer this because they want to know how dedicated you are to that field. if you do a speciality specific LOR you make it seem like you want to do that specific speciality. I’ve seen Med students do both. But if you really want to do a certain speciality you need LORs stating why you want to join that field.
you can apply for several specialities, but the LOR got to be speciality specific. your chances will go down with a general LOR. target two specialities get 6LORs and apply maximum number of programs.
You need to have specific LORs for different specialties, other specialty LORs will not be useful for the specialties you apply i.e., peds LORs will not be having much value for IM specialties.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »