Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fellow ship without residency - match20
@braveheart_2020
wow, it seems that you have in depth extensive knowledge of the system, thanks for the suggestions.
it looks that non ACGME option is not the better one?
wish you success in whatever you want..
thanks
@braveheart_2020

i was looking at those felowwship programes u suggested, they have requirement like you already finished ur neurology residency or like in ur final year. do you think they will accept Fmgs just with ECFMG and no residency training, thanks a lot for ur help in this forum, best of luck .
This post and the replies are really helpful for me as well. thank you for bringing it up.
Yes, they mention that in the requirements, however, they do accept fellows without residency back home.
Examples for places:

Rush University (Neuroimmunology)

NYU (Autonomic disorders)

Duke University (Epilepsy)

Medical affiliated college, Milwaukee (Pediatric Epilepsy)

University of Texas-Houston (epilepsy surgery)

Those are places I am aware of. In general, would be best to look up AAN website, look for all fellowships (for sake of finding the email contacts of them). contact all epilepsy/neurophysiology/headache/ autonomic/neuroimmunology. Forget what they are saying about their requirements. Tell them your credentials and you are interested. 90% will ignore your email or reject you. 10% will contact you further and arrange for interview.

Hope this is helpful
Yeah it does help, thank you so much for ur time.
@ braveheart_2020

I am facing a lot of scrutiny and discrimination at work. and your advice may help shed some light on my career path. what is the best way to reach you?

@ braveheart_2020,

I have an IM residency from my country. I am planing to apply for hematology fellowship in US. Any recommendation? Do you know which states allow that pathway?

Thanks for the help.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »