Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS cancelled, now what? - synapsion
As many of you have heard, CS was cancelled tonight - https://www.usmle.org/announcements/?ContentId=284
At first, I was happy that we are going to be able to apply without the CS exam passing score but ECFMG has come out with a response - https://www.ecfmg.org/news/2020/05/26/ec...ification/
Looks like they are going to cook up an exam just for IMGs (unless something changes again). I don't know about you guys but I am so lost right now. The uncertainty of what awaits us during the upcoming match (people that hoped to apply this year) is scary. They can't possibly leave IMGs out of the match process just because of CS. Someone has to fill the empty spots, right?
AMGs also need CS in order to match any residency programs...They absolutely have to work on alternatives.
@kencmd,

What do you think is in store for us in terms of "alternatives"? USMLE cancelled CS so ECFMG can't just decide to randomly make up their own version last minute, right? They could implement some form of language proficiency exam but that sort of defeats the purpose of the exam if you believe their original motive was a "clinical assesment".
I really don't know about "alternatives" at this point. USMLE have to make sure fair exam. IMGs cannot have different alternatives from AMGs. In other words, I assume that IMGs and AMGs will have same alternative. The only we can do right now is to wait.
Generally, IMGs have disadvantages in term of English proficiency.
Hi everyone, this is Lana Amawi your Med Coach. Come join me on under Road to Residency for IMGs & AMGs!
We can Zoom our way to better proficiency and greater confidence!
Please let’s keep the thread active and update each other when we get any information. Was about to give CS and the pandemic happened. We can act on it, as soon as we all get any information. Let’s stay positive.
They need doctors.
Crazy times..I think this totally violates IMG's rights. I am sure AMGs will have no problem getting into residencies w/o CS..while we need CS for ECFMG certification.
I think this cancellation will effect all residency applicant, both IMG and AMG. Most medical license require step 2 CS. Did you guys plan to apply for the next match?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »