Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed USMLE step 1- tips advice - shalini245
I would like to thank everyone on this forum for helping me through this exam,the blocks were grueling but I got through it and finished each block on time. It is very difficult to wear a n95 mask the whole time, I strongly recommend bringing multiple masks that are very light. the KN95 is lighter and better.
I found my study partners here, I strongly recommend using UW and not using any other Qbank.
I used UW with Goldusmle step 1 review classes online and in houston center. It helped solidify all the concepts and they covered everything on the exam, it was very thorough and comprehensive. I strongly recommend it as they reinforce the material very well and integrate everything for you into an easy manner. I took the exam in February didn't pass on my own, I got very depressed and just used FA+UW. but for my second attempt I used Goldusmle review classes and I passed with high performance and Goldusmle review was very helpful for me. They cover all the systems and high yield stuff and tell you what to focus on and what is important.
I strongly recommend using Goldusmle with UW.
congratulations and it was a pleasure to be your study partner god bless you and good luck with CK if you need help with CK I will be at the Bobst library at NYU
More important than the number of months or number of hours which every other student keeps asking about before planning preparation, it is something that no one ever wants to ask and the ones who know never share...what one should be really asking is the method of reading and the techniques used to read USMLE MATERIAL.

THERE IS SO MUCH WHICH NEVER GETS DISCUSSED.....
USMLE is all about tricks and hacks which no one mentions or likes to share.
one has to effectively use the hours of study in a way that helps them cover more stuff in less time and material should eventually stay in memory for its use during the test.
I have developed techniques during years of my coaching for the exams like USMLE which helps student achieve exactly what they need.
One of technique is known as BEHAVIOR MODIFYING CONSTRAINT which helps student to achieve exactly what is desired in terms of learning and retaining.
youtube
https://youtube.com/
youtube
Hey shalini, congrats on ur biggest achievement. I am looking into gold usmle program u mentioned. I wonder if in class or online courses will do any different? What r ur recommendations?

Thanks
Long Island New York
Congratulations on your successful exam - it's very cool that you passed it. Thanks for the advice on the Goldusmle review, as it helps a lot while studying. I really had to use service because I didn't always have enough time to go through everything, but this service helped me. Preparing for such important exams is a tough time.
I did the online classes for goldusmle and it was very helpful did the 8 weeks classes and took the exam 2 weeks after. It really helped me answer questions on the real exam and I finished each block ahead of time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »