Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ideal time for USMLE Step 2 preparation - batab
I am new to USMLE and as I am a practicing physician in my country, I am planning to start with Step 2 CK first.
Can anyone give me a fair idea of how much time does it take for the uninitiated to prepare for Step 2 CK.
I am also doing a job so I would be able to give 3-4 hours per day for preparation.

I understand it must vary from person to person but just looking for an average duration of preparation.

Thanks in advance
most likely 6-8 weeks of hardcore studying.
if you work a job then 12 weeks
If you are retaking Step 2 CK or hoping to get an above average score the first time around, then try to make these changes this time around to improve your chances of passing...

Build Vocabulary in terms of Greek, Latin word parts, Labs, Images and Sounds. Time your Readings of FA Step 2 and Step 3. Not only do timed UW blocks but time your review of mistakes as well. Use limited high quality reviews such as FA, UW, NBMEs. Do every NBME CMS, 4 block NBME Online timed and 2 NBMEs a day timed atleast twice before the test to simulate real test and use mask while studying and testing. Try to limit the whole Step 2 CK prep process to 40 days or less 7-11 hours min every day. Always read like your test is day after tomorrow... helps maintaing pace! Get better at Biostats and Epidemiology!

Moving faster and knowing vocabulary will make a huge difference this time around. Memory is as fragile as you... so try to maintain healty body and mind. Maintain Positive Attitude towards self, Step 2 and your future to minimize burnouts and frustration. Anxiety will reduce once you will be able to demonstrate higher scores to yourself. Answer questions without debate, reflexly like what is your name? You know it or you don't. Don't waste time debating, rather use the time you will save to review mistakes and memorize notes. Get at least above average scores on Step 2 NBMEs before this attempt.

Don't take Step 2 CK if practice. NBME Self Assessment scores are not at least 2 standard deviations above the passing score or at average score. If that happens, please get professional help because Step 2 CK scores will matter even more after 2022. A little guidance, better attitude and focused work can work wonders and turn your life around.

Always there whenever you need help with USMLE Step 2CK or NBME Comp Exam.

All the very Best from Dr. Malik

Thank you USMLE Forum!!
hit me up if you still want a study partner
All what you need give me your email and I will tell u how to study
Please pass me your skype id or phone number.
My email is yogamba.ms. I am preparing for step 2 CK.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »