Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can i resume or shall i QUIT this for ever now. - nazar2sfive
I got my usmle step 1 score (230) on july 2016. I left my usmle course then, three reasons mainly- time, money and familial issues. I joined MS ENT in my home country in september 2016. I completed it and currently doing a job in head and neck surgery department.

Now I wish to resume the course i had left. Few things have changed. I have all free time now(also more of free time due to covid). There is no familial pressure now. Money is still the factor but i can adjust.

I love surgery/ENT.

Two questions for anyone reading this , please help me out.
1. I logged in to IWA page of mine. There is nothing there . Its saying to reprint form 186.. I think it used to show more during those days.
2. Can i resume my course now , hoping to persue ENT in future . I dont want now to join "any course" in US just to be at US.
Hi Nazar2sfive,
I just recently started my Step2CK journey again and am too taking a course which I took before but I have 2 attempts on my CK. Decided to saddle up and go at it again.
Our situation is pretty much similar.
I logged into ECFMG after 2 years and had seen that my form 186 was expired. You'll just have to apply again and get it cleared from ecfmg. Should not be a hassle.
You said you Love Surgery/ENT, quitting will not get you there!

Ive been struggling, trust me only god knows how much, but I have. Some due to my own reasons some because of circumstance some this and some that.
BUT at the end of the day it wont happen Until I make it happen. I KNOW THAT NOW!
You can do it. Definitely do it, ONLY if that is what YOU decide you want to do and are ready for the GRIND again!

I hope i did not offend or intrude. I just read your post and I swear I felt I had wrote it!!!
never give up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »