Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willing to buy online UWORLD qbank
Hello dear friends,
My step 3 is in 4 weeks and willing to pay for the uworld online version. Please contact me at sadi@rogers.com if anyone has the active one and willing to sell it.
Thanks
Sadee
(11-03-2021, 01:54 PM)sadeezore Wrote: Hello dear friends,
My step 3 is in 4 weeks and willing to pay for the uworld online version. Please contact me at sadi@rogers.com if anyone has the active one and willing to sell it.
Thanks
Sadee

Completed Step 3 and passed. I have these subscriptions below that I never got to and will be glad if I can recoup some of my money. email me at harrison.ahmed84@gmail.com

I have the Uworld Step 3 Question bank that is still active until November 23rd. 
I have the the Uworld Step CCS that has not been activated and is valid for 90 days
I have the Uworld Step 3 self assessment Form 1 that has not been activated and is valid for 14 days
I have the Uworld Step 3 Self assessment Form 2 that has not been activated and is valid for 14 days. 

For preparation I focused on:
1. Step 2CK hand written notes from a few of years ago (4yrs ago). The notes were a combination of my review and hand written notes from "Step up to Medicine" and "Mastering the Boards" plus review and hand written notes from Uworld Step 2CK qbank in-depth review of questions and answers and explanations. 
2. I expanded these Step 2CK notes with the Uworld Step 3 question bank. In-depth review of questions and answers and explanations. 
3. If you do this... you will realize that the Uworld Step 3 question bank is just a more summarized and shorter version of the Uworld Step 2CK question bank. Between these two, you have all the study information you will need for the MCQs. I was not able to go through First Aid Step 1. But I did a brief directed review of pharmacology mainly making notes on the section about drug mechanisms of action and pathways.... that section is important. 
5. I bought a new subscription and went through the entirety of the Uworld Step 2CK question bank once.
6. I was able to go through the Uworld Step 3 question bank twice (once by subject and then mixed)
7. I bought the one month Archer Question bank but never got to it. 
8. I think the more questions/question banks you can do the better. 
9. The test felt like a longer harder Step 2CK. I saw an analysis on Archer that said the higher scorers on Step 2CK are more likely to pass the Step 3  and I think they are right. 
10. I also saw an analysis on Archer saying the absolute key to passing the Step 3 is the Clinical Medicine Computer based case stimulations and I think they are right. Apparently each of the case stimulations is worth a lot of points that can make up for missing several MCQs. For example you could be in the middle ("same") on the MCQs but a "higher" on the clinical case simulations will be what makes you pass. Throughout the exam, I felt the the MCQ section had very tough sections but it was all recognizable as Step 2CK styled questions. Both Day 1 and Day 2 felt the same for me. Mostly finished right on time and but some sections felt okay enough to finish with some time to spare. I sometimes sipped first to those drug flyer questions just because they are time consuming. 
11. For the Clinical Medicine Computer based case stimulations I had gone through the one main Archer video (2hr long video that gives the basic introduction on navigating and a number of example cases) several weeks prior to the exam date. I also did the 2020 Mapping the CCS case list several weeks prior to the exam date. In the one week leading up to the Exam I focused on the Uworld Step 3 CCS practice cases (51 cases). I went through it once and then read through the cases a second time. I also did a quick read through of their non practice cases. It helps a lot if you have been seeing patients recently. But you absolutely need to practice those cases. The Uworld CCS practice cases on their software is pretty much exactly how it is on the real deal. You have to get used to putting in the orders, advancing the clock and getting results. Practice, practice, practice is pretty much it. the pathologies and cases are basic and similar to the vignettes in the MCQs but you have to get comfortable working them up, getting results and knowing what next to do. Knowing when to start with stabilizing tests before physical exam, when to do thorough physical first, knowing to start with symptomatic treatment and then physical and then more comprehensive workup, knowing to not order invasive stuff, being able to respond appropriately if the case keeps going on which likely means you have not yet ordered the key diagnostic or intervention and etc basically the more you practice the more comfortable you are. A lot of my cases ended very early. I think once you do a key diagnostic test and a key intervention it ends and then you get to do some of the other routine extra stuff. Its important to know for example when you need to immediately move a patient from the office setting to the ED and manage over there in the ED because for example IV is needed versus maybe starting some diagnostic tests in the office, advance to see results and then move to the ED. Only way to get comfortable with this is practice on the software itself so the Uworld practice cases are essential especially if you have not started your Intern year or if it has been a while since you were last working in the hospital. hope this is helpful.
be careful UW has strict copyright regulations
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »