Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Overcoming the Step 3 Hurdle
Finally Passed Step 3. Please focus on CCS strategy. Practice, Practice and Practice.
CCS cases is the most favorable resource out there. Club it with Crush CCS.
For each system (CVS,GI,EMERG...) have a basic template in mind, it will help you on exam day.
Numerous resources are available. Don't get confused by using too many.
Focus on a few but know them well. I personally used a tutor to guide me through the process.
I used him just once a week. He was brilliant and taught me the right approach to the exam: (Dr. Neyaz at premierreview.com).
Most importantly his sessions were very reasonable (<100) compared to the tutors who charge an arm and a leg. He was very flexible with timings, too.
Whether to use a study partner or signing up for a tutor is totally a personal choice, every candidate is different.
If you have failed the test it would be advisable to reach out for some help.

For tackling the MCQ’s it is useful to give Step 3 soon after Step 2.
Step 3 is just more Step 2 with reasoning thrown into the questions.
You would have to have a good foundation of Biostats, unfortunately there is no perfect resource for Biostats.
The question stems are long and you need to act fast, so again practice as many questions you can.
Uworld and medquestreviews have questions and videos (medquest).
CCS and Biostats make up 30% of your test, so know them well. Club MTB 3 with Uworld.
Make notes from Uworld on the margin of MTB given for each topic, it will help you review 1 week before the test.
If there has been a significant gap between your Step 2 and Step 3 (>2years) do Uworld 2 for the bigger organ systems.
Board vitals is another good question resource to review your basics (questions are easier), it goes fast.

Remember you are a physician and you have come a long way, Step 3 is just another hurdle which will pass. Good Luck!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »