Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OLD IMG interested in restarting the process
Hello folks,

I am old IMG 2007 Pass out and had completed my ECFMG certification back in 2012. I had given Step 3 but did not clear it back then due to ongoing personal issues. I could not continue in the residency process any longer due to family matters. Now  I am interested in restarting the residency process and wondering if anyone has any inputs on this issue. My scores are more than 10 years old. I checked most of the state licensures and they have a limit of 6 to 7 years for scores. I am ok to take the exams again but I have not received any informative response from anyone. Unfortunately, USMLE has not responded to my calls/emails (probably coz this is a business season for them and my issue does not fall under "urgent" criteria) and would appreciate any inputs on this one. 

Thanks,
C
(11-06-2022, 06:08 PM)craby111 Wrote: Hello folks,

I am old IMG 2007 Pass out and had completed my ECFMG certification back in 2012. I had given Step 3 but did not clear it back then due to ongoing personal issues. I could not continue in the residency process any longer due to family matters. Now  I am interested in restarting the residency process and wondering if anyone has any inputs on this issue. My scores are more than 10 years old. I checked most of the state licensures and they have a limit of 6 to 7 years for scores. I am ok to take the exams again but I have not received any informative response from anyone. Unfortunately, USMLE has not responded to my calls/emails (probably coz this is a business season for them and my issue does not fall under "urgent" criteria) and would appreciate any inputs on this one. 

Thanks,
C

I am not sure what time limit you are talking about. 
I will answer assuming you are considering USMLE exams. There are several states where there is no limit for completing the steps: https://www.fsmb.org/step-3/state-licensure/. Eg. Florida, Arkansas, Kentucky, Idaho and few more. You need to register for USMLE step 3 in one of these states.
(11-06-2022, 11:19 PM)drmdphd Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 06:08 PM)craby111 Wrote: Hello folks,

Thanks,
C

I am not sure what time limit you are talking about. 
I will answer assuming you are considering USMLE exams. There are several states where there is no limit for completing the steps: https://www.fsmb.org/step-3/state-licensure/. Eg. Florida, Arkansas, Kentucky, Idaho and few more. You need to register for USMLE step 3 in one of these states.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I was referring to the time-limit and I was under impression that the time-limit is also applicable for the validity of the scores as the passing scores from 10 years back may not be valid now.
Pls contact on +9 1 7 6 7 4 9 2 9 0 8 9
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »