Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probationary accreditation -
IMG

can somebody plz explain what is meant by a university based program being on probationary status? Are there any disadvantages in joining such a program even if they're very sure of coming out of it in a year or so ? any little info on this is highly appreciated.
Dr. Prasanna - prasanna@usmleforum.com

A person failing to meet one or more of the requirements for admission as a regular student may be considered for probationary admission. Students admitted on a probationary basis remain in this category until completing the course. The grade point average for these course may be higher unless different conditions were specified at the time of admission. After completion of the probationary period, students may be reclassified as "regular" students.

Provisionally admitted students may take developmental studies courses as designated in the program-specific standards.

Disadvantages:

1. Taking Independent Study
2. Take non-standard or extra courses
3. May impact educational record. It depends...

Best Regards,
Dr. Prasanna

Administrator
usmleforum.com
dd

Dr. Prasanna, you misunderstoo the question. He is asking about Probationary status of a GME program, not of a student.
Dr. Prasanna

Hello,

Can you please tell me which university/hospital you are trying for. My previous reply is related to a hospital in Michigan. They are using the word "student".

Best Regards,
Dr. Prasanna

Administrator
usmleforum.com
hello_info_man

Cook county chicago ( peds) is on probationary status.
So watch out if any one of you are planning on applying there.
info

is cook county chicago still on probation, last two years it has been on it ? any update ?
hello

was still on it the last I called them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »