Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more H1B and J1 This year -
India

Have you heard of that rumor, spreading so fast among IMGS. Is it true?
jain

I heard this one too. I am a little bit worrying. if you know any more details, pl let me know.
paul

I think it is junk talk. People know how uncertain us imgs are and play on our feelings and insecurities. stop forwarding rumors
Gotti

My prematch offer is denied. I have 99/95/Toefl 287/3 mth volunteer
JSAM

I feel sorry that your prematch offer was denied.
So far I've read articles in this site.
I'm a little disappointed in applying a residency in USA.
Even though you got a high score,you got into trouble.

Also i read getting J1 but after residency period there'll be lots of difficulties.
I strongly have believed over 90 in both steps solve lots of troubles,am i right?

be aware

It is true that many hospitals have stopped applying for JI and H1B, especially since the clamp down at INS and from the fallout of 9/11. So it is definitely not all that rosy here in FMG ( non GC ) land.
nokidding !!!!!

I concur with "be aware". I am experiencing the same thing. I have scores of 85/87 and alll the places I have contacted have said it quite bluntly .........Non GC holders and J1 need not apply as the PDs donot want to be hasseled with paper work and INS issues.
bharti101

I too am experiencing the same. I have good scores, but no GC.
noel

thought I was the only one experiencing this difficulty, but it seems that a lot of IMGs are in the same boat.
samid

i donot think that img's are having any extra trouble. It just depends on where you apply and how flexible you are as far as georgraphical location is concerned. Plus I think if you have good scores you should get a J1 at least...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »