Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i too need help -
lallu - lallukaps2003

i have scored 81 in step1 and 79 in step2 , both on the second attempt. i have 6 months of clinical research experience in US.... ii really dont know if i will make it into residency, i'm an fmg ... can anyone help me... please infrom me of my options... i 'm so depressed and pesperate .. i just want this all to end...
depressed

we all are depressed
sidney

hang in there
bad experience

You should find a residency position through networking: your friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, relatives, graduates of your medical school, etc. Just don't embark on any research, volunteering, externships and similar activities unless you are paid for that. Their f...n reference letters are not impressive at all however excellent they are. Those guys treat us without any respect. Unfortunately, we FMG allow them to treat us this way. Stay reasonably optimistic, and don't trust anything they tell you, like: "you are a desirable candidate" , "you are such a nice person", "I hope to see you in our program" etc. For them, to tell you this is easier than for you to use a restroom in the morning. It holds true for their reference letters and any promises they give you. Especially, if you work for them without any compensation.
sathish - sbabun

I can't agree with you more,we should not allow them to treat us like that,we tend to be submissive in the fear of rejection,this gives them an edge though we are far more superior than them clinically and as well as in academics.So why the hell?
I am afraid there's always a residual amount of discrimination no matter what you accomplish,I guess we have to live with it ,do you now understand why people like Osama resort to such destructive behaviour with a total disregard to human lives,'cause they can't reason out with these people,they lose out,it leads to violence.
I am sorry my friend Iam not supporting his action but that's the only reason I can think of.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »