Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family doc -
Dutch IMG

Hi, I'm interested in becoming a family doctor, but maybe training and working in the USA? Do family docs earn much over there with the whole system beingg so hospital orientated? What is the average salary and hours?
Rai

8-10 hours/day

Salary: $110,000-$120,000 per year.

Above all, there is a lot of demand.

Donot miss this chance. In Europe you even can`t think about these salaries and excellent life style of MD in the USA.

Hoping to hear from you soon.
Rai
Tex Mex

To Rai...and all other IMG(s)

This is exactly what I have been talking about. The US has enough doctors to take care of the population. It is soley a matter of redistribution. If you keep supporting others to leave their countries so they can have the "great lifestyle" then their country of orgin will also suffer this problem. We become doctors to take care of the sick around us...don't we?! Don't turn your back on your own people who so desperately need your help as a Family physician. There are greater rewards than money, cable TV, and SUV(s). Let us future physicians start acting like our ancestors that created medicine...they would be ashamed if they saw what drives us today.

Sincerely,

Tex Mex
PS...Let the Hate Mail Begin......
betrayer

As I already told you, Tex. I pledge to bring as many of my patients as I can, to this country, and some of my patients are physicians themselves. Don't think too bad about us. My parents, numerous brothers and sisters, and even cousins are already here. I mean, they are legal residents or citizens. I didn't leave anyone behind . It is my second cousins' turn now. It takes time, but I am a goal-achiever. We will enjoy nice cars, cable TV's and all the other stuff... Stay in touch.
betrayer

P.S. Thank you for teaching me to be compassionate.
John

You are wrong when you say GPs in Europe can't think of this money. GPs here in England earn around £75,000 a year, and a lot much more. Its very easy to become here too! £75000 is more than $110 000!
Tex Mex

John,
If it is so easy to become a GP and to earn that money then why you Britishers are coming to the USA, we kicked you out from this country(all most a century ago) and still you keep on creeping.
Go where the money is and take all these Indians with you and give them all that sum of money so that they can buy a Mini Morris and ride happily and drink TEA.
Tex
for tex

tex, how come you make these terrible spelling mistakes?
I would be ashamed to claim that I'm an American and a resident in a very good program.
ha!
hi texie baby!

To Tex,
hee haw!! look all those hate mails arent without reason, Mr. rodeo, you lassoed it on yourself. anyways, so where are you working? about people coming here, the only reason is not for the money and SUVs but because want to know what all the hoo hah is about and they strive to be the best physician they can be. and where would that be, but the place with the most resources. in any case, most foreign docs do have the heart to visit their home country and make a difference there as well for perhaps a short amount of time, but efforts are made, and people do care about those in their own country. as for you, you are just spoiled, perhaps if you moved down south to Mexico you would realize what you were missing and you'd be dying to come here too. you are just lucky that God had it that you were born here. and for your info, the only reason this country is doing so well is because of all those foreigners that come. gee, what would bill gates do without all those brilliant indian computer engineers. that is what u are known for, stealing labor from other countries and then making a name for yourself. foreigners do all your dirty work so that they can feed their families and be healthier. go bounce on your buffalo. ciao

PS. tex ur my hero

Indian

This bastard tex claims to be an American Indian and sheds hatred on Indians,don't you guys see this guy is sick and needs help,he is not accepted by the native Americans (Whites) and he tries to let his steam out elsewhere,pooh what a loser.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »