ashraf amin - aash1520

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a research position in NJ or NY

I am authorized to work in USA

Any advice please

Thanks a lot

Ashraf
Juma

First of all you have to decide in which field you want to do research, then make your CV.
Now with your CV go to different labs(for which you have decided), now talk with PI (Principal Investigators)and tell them that you are interested in doing reseach in their field (by the way before going to the PI, read some papers of the area of research you want to pursue, you can get lots of material through the internet), talk with the PI, and initially show your willingness to work as a volunteer, while working as a volunteer, try to work hard, read more papers, start collaboration with your colleagues, try to learn different assays (ELISA, Western blot, protein purification etc., and start handling animals like Rats, Mice, do Surgery as well)
Keep on rule in your mind: IN RESEARCH YOU NEED LOT OF PATIENCE AND LOT OF HOURS.

All the best
Jumuah
optimist

Another thing to keep in mind is that PI's can use you as a volunteer, but that doesn't mean that they will offer you a paid position. You should be prepared to such developments, regardless of your personality, professional qualifications, and ability to work hard. That especially pertains to the regions that you mentioned. They are spoiled by foreign medical graduates who work without any compensation, only to get reference letters for residency. Still, good luck.
jack - ylei

does the reference letters from PIs who are not physicians are helpful?
ANIL KHANDELWAL - anilkhandelwal2003

HELLO,
I HOLDING MD MICROBIOLOGY DEGREE AND ON H4 VISA.

INTRESTED TO JOIN SOME RESEARCH OR JOB ,CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.

THANKS
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »