Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how does postmatch work? -
marie

someone tell me how post match works since its coming soon. thanks.
sachin bendre

YOu can all the info at the NRMP website.
sb
marie

a little more info would b more helpful. if i knew that i wouldnt have asked but thanks sachin. anyone else? quick and brief idea?
expert

You can hear a lot of stupid rumors that someone managed to get a position by submitting documents in person, and being noticed by the program director. Don't trust it, it might have been in the past! Now PD's and their administrative teams are overwhelmed, and they go crazy! I approached one of the programs that had an unfilled position, and the secretary asked me to call them the following day. When I called, the P.D. told me that I "was rude, pushy, and insisted on meeting with him...", and that my "behavior constituted a reason for calling security"
Believe me, I didn't do anything like that!!! The only reason that the secretary gave the P.D. such information is that they are unable to handle adequately the rigors of the post-match period! So, don't try to approach those guys! It is time-consuming, anyway. Call the programs and submit your documents in the way they want, either by fax, or through ERAS! Good luck.
marie

thank you expert , that was good useful info. guess that is why they call it scramble. just seems too hectic to dowithin a couple days b4 match day. thanks again.
Anonymous

I think if u go to the NRMP site there where are important dates mentioned its written if u contact PD before the result of unfilled positions when u have got the result that u have not been matched then its rude and I guess that was your case.
Cause there are certain rules we have to follow
expert

Believe me, it had nothing to do with the dates set by NRMP. I came to their office after the unfilled positions were announced. They meant that my behavior was inappropriate by itself. Again, it had nothing to do with the reality, but nobody mentioned the violation of the match terms and conditions. Besides, I don't mean that it should necessarily happen with all participants of the scramble. On most of occasions, administrative teams are polite and nice if you bring your documents in person, and I had just one situation like this.
My notion is different. I mean to say that submission of your documents in person is time-consuming. It doesn't increase your chances, and, on rare occasions, it can result in stressful situations like I had.
Good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »