Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recommendation? -
gg

Hi, I got low scores in step. but i know someone who is a chief resident in a hospital which takes a lot of residents every year. is there any chance of me getting into that hospital if that guy(chief resident) recommends me to the PD. please reply...
FMG

How can you ask this question on this forum? Ask the chief resident. He/She may be influential enough to get you into the program, or just invite you for a courtesy interview with a minimal chance for you to get a position. I had some of them, when before I said hello, I was asked by the program director, "Do you know that Dr.X asked me to grant you an interview?". That actually means that you have a minimal chance, if you can read between the lines. After all, it's possible that you don't get an interview at all. Anyway, discuss it first with your chief resident. Good luck.
gg

thx FMG for ur suggestions. can u tell me places wr I can apply for residency (family practice - i think i can get only this program with my score!) with my low scores (77/84). do u have any idea? I would greatly appreciate if u can send me a list of such hospitals....thanks
FMG

I'm not very lucky with my residency search, because of both low scores and my year of graduation. I don't know the list of the programs, sorry. It looks like you are right in terms of specialty : I know a guy who matched into FP with nearly the same scores as you have. So, try it.
usmed

84 in Step 2 is not bad at all.

Please try in Long Island College Hospital, NY, Bronx, Buffalo, Chicago and Kentucky. Find out all programs that will be able to accept your score. Call the contact number or visit them. Then apply. Its a shot...and it is worth it. And don't forget to take atleast 3 good letters of recommendation from US docs. Good luck.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »