Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mutation - freshgraduate
Mutations caused by one of the following agents almost always inactivate genes specifying protein products, but often do not affect the function of genes specifying only stable RNA products. Which agent is it?
a. UV light
b. cis-platin
c. intercalating agents
d. "mustard" gases
e. 5-bromouracil
e?? not sure just uessing
correct answer is C
intercalating agents
what is the source of ur qs? i am so sad, cant make any right answer of ant qs of u.

think i should go throgh the biochem again to clear my concept.
For goddess !!!
Well , I believe that you should not get panic with your incorrect answers. You are confident enough to try. Posting question here is only to share with everyone the difficult questions I came across. This is just a way of inspiration to work and study more better , nothing else. So remain calm and just be confident. Good luck!!
fresh graduate .....do u have an explanation for this one?

freshgraduate i thought it is A because Cis platin and intercalating agents act by wedging between the bases of the DNA and prevent both replication and transcription
about 5bromouracil acts by inhibiting thymidylate synthetase and also prevent Dna synthesis so no replication neither transcription so what remains just A, because UV light causes dimer that may lead to abnormal protein but it doesnot prevent transcrption into RNA
so please can explain why C is correct
sorry just for mustard is irreversible ACEI,so why the answer is C
freshgraduate please can explain the answer
My friend gave me a book in which this question was posted...and answer is C....i was also confused thats why i poted here...if anybody knows the explaination plz do post here.thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »