Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Birendra about PTAL - gita1958
Hi, I'm also a medical graduate from India, applying for PTAL. I have heard many people getting letters from CA board with deficits in Psychiatry. I guess, you can do an externship in Psychiatry in an US hospital and submit the certificate. I'm not 100% sure though. Please check with others. I'm sure, you have done Ped rotation during your housemanship, only our colleges don't mention that in the certificate. CA medical board wants to have everything clearly mentioned with dates. Therefore, I'm requesting my college to do so. Don't know, whether they will do it or not. About the 'electives', did they mention any particular electives to be done? I'm also not clear about that. Can you ask your school to reissue you another L5 mentioning the dates of your Ped rotaion? Also, you can call the CA board and ask them if Preventive medicine is accepted as an elective or not. Hope, things will work out for you as well as for all of us. Good luck.
hi gita,
do u know img friendly hospitals in ca?
i heard they r very competitive. pls let me know what there requirements are and do they offer prematches?
I've no idea if the CA hospitals offer prematch or not. They ARE competitive, for sure though. If you go to fmgamerica.com, you can find list of hospitals in certain disciplines and there you would also see hospitals which have FMG residents. I've heard they prefer fresh graduates with high score, some USCE and GC. I'm an old graduate, therefore my chances are very slim, I guess.

Good luck for your application.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »