Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social security number - sups
hi

i m not sure if ne1 on thgis forum can guide me on this but still giving it a try. actually i have my h1 visa approved bt not stamped, my program wants social security number before i can actually start, when i applied the social security office, they put my application on hold as they got the message from INS that they ( INS ) needs to verify my name as its different in passport ( no last name ) and what is listed in my visitors visa or the h1 approval notice, nowthey say it might take newhere from 10 to 12 weeks . I just wanted to know has ne1 ever encountered similar problem before and how much time will it take , is it really 10 to 12 weeks long wait ????????
does any one know about this process and its duration
I too applied for sicial security number and it has been more than 7 weeks so far.
I did not have any mistakes on the form, but they tell they are still doing back ground check.
This used to take 2-3 weeks a few years ago!
thanks bn for replying. this whole process is so long and frustrating , lets hope we clear it soon
bn one more thing who told u that they r doing the background check. did u meet any immigration officer to see if nething works out, i hav an appointment thr next week but thr r very lil chances that someting positive might result
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »