Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Postmatchers... -
Mer

I guess it would be a good idea if all of the postmatch seekers get together and start planning for the postmatch. I havent got any interviews (didnt have my step 2 scores). Anywas whatever the reason- not getting an interview or for the more unlucky ones not getting matched after interviews- i think postmatch is one scramble u would never regret getting trapped into. It is to me the shortest way (and possibly requiring the most fortune) and if done with all the preparations ... who knows maybe !!!
But to get started I need advice from as many ppl who have had the scramble experience. so plz advice.
ekispnoy

I agree with you, i applied to many programs but no luck for interviews. I am now aiming for post match and i need all d help i can get, even advises.. especially from IMG. I am now preparing everything...pls mail me @ n2b8_30501 so we can help each other!
Mer

For now i guess we gave time till mid-march. The first thing I know that we are supposed to do is have a fax machine and two phone lines ready till then Smile
Docs that we would need to fax are personal statement, 3lors, profile and application form eras format or maybe a regular CV, and yes our unofficial USMLE transcript.
Its an easy deal applying to programs we have already sent the application vis eras, for the rest unfilled programs its goin to be a bit crazy and tight.
usmle

i agree with this idea, but please, can you post your scores, just to have an idea about the chances, if not this year, may be next year...

thanx
cats

I join ur group. no interviews so far.
do u think we can try places where interview cancellations are there & try our luck till feb 25
Mer

I think this tme around would be a last desparate try to contact PDs to check if interview cancellations might help you get an interview. This is very rare but its definitely worth tryin. good luck.
usmle

hay postmatchers,
comon...
say what you have...
i will start with myself...
AS lot of you would know by now...
i finished my steps 1 and 2 and CSA, am working in research and observership .. wiating for step 2 results , and have one publication in print, and working with another paper , but it might take time ...

what do you think my chances for H1 ...
I know am asking too much , Smile
ay more people to discuss his/her issue ...
thanx
Mer

Sure.. I am doing my MPH at UCLA + some Aids research
scores step 1- 95, step 2 86, waiting for csa results.
No publications in sight.
Got no interviews as was late in getting the step 2 scores and the CSA.
well USMLE u stand a pretty good chance for an HI, trust me. with a publication u good an edge over all the average scorers.
but for the rest of us.. hope is the best friend for now.
Ann

To Mer,
I plan to apply for research posn in UCLA, but no contacts. how should I proceed?
Love Ann
mer

Theres a human resources website for ucla which has a list of RA positions available ...
http://hr.mednet.ucla.edu/jobs/RESEARCH.htm
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »