USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
IM Invitation/Rejection status 2014-2015 - alexa22 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: IM Invitation/Rejection status 2014-2015 - alexa22 (/showthread.php?tid=788766)

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-21-2014

Just to chime in...I had my first interview on Oct 6th, so it can start as early as that.

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-22-2014

hello...

Reject UCSF - as expected

Union memorial hspt rejection

Alright, I've been gone for a while, had 2 IVs in the row in the same state. Here's what was going on in my inbox:

got an IV from NYMC (Metropolitan) on Oct 17
got 3 rejections yesterday - Wright State University, Ohio; Kettering Medical Center Program, Ohio; UT Southwestern (Austin).

I'm not going to attend an IV in Raritan Bay, Perth Amboy, NJ. I don't think I posted it here as I was certain I was not going to go.

Can anyone tell me the appropriate way to cancel an interview I have already scheduled? It will be difficult for me to afford traveling to some locations/I don't see myself going to them and I'd prefer they offer the spots to other applicants

What kind of question is that? Obviously just send the program coordinator a nicey worded email saying you can't make it but thanks for offer blah blah.

@leavingrss. That question is inconsiderate. This forum has people who haven't gotten one interview yet and you are asking for advice on how to cancel interviews, when you obviously know what to do. It's not very nice.

I nominate leavingrss' "how to cancel interview" as the dickest post of the season.

hey guys,

Trust me i know how it feels. The first two weeks after september 16th I was so anxious because i only received 3 interviews and 2 phone calls, but i always thank God for everything i have because they are some people that desperate want one. Therefore, consideration is very important especially everyone is so tired during this point. i cannot imagine how you guys do it especially for repeated applicants, but remember God is good and He is looking out for you.

@ leavingrss- it's common sense to just send an email to cancel or cancel via interview broker.

To everyone: his comment can be worded in a better way instead just blatantly like that in the topic line, but it is understandable that he wants to cancel because like him we are all struggling with money. I have applied so many programs just to make sure that i have enough interviews (probably 2x the "normal" number of applications. Now i have interviews but i don't know where i can get the money for flights, place to stay, etc. Please have faith.

one thing that i have noticed whether to email or not email PC/PD: It's up to you because they might be a little annoyed, but honestly it's that time of the year to be panic. If i am pc/pd i would be annoyed too, but there's no way that i would throw out someone application because of that. soooo if you don't an interview yet, call!

Would you all consider it still "Early" in the interview season? I've only received 1 IM Interview and just wondering if this was a good or bad sign at this point? Just looking for honest opinions or if anyone has applied before and knows the trends with when to start considering to worry about if you'll get any other IV's. Thanks