USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
group for april test takers..... - skin - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 2 CK (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: group for april test takers..... - skin (/showthread.php?tid=820413)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-29-2016

@picu + @steprepimg, how have you been both preparing before taking the assessments? What do you think you weren't getting from uworld & mtb? Do you think that going through mtb again would actually net some newer points? I was just asking because I haven't been hearing many good things about mtb and sometimes, that can add to confusion because the exam is much more based on intuition rather than what these books say if a, then b.

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-29-2016

@Chamo: I went through uworld once and took down notes of any concepts i didnt know, but i haven't really reviewed them all yet. Plus i think after going through 2nd round it will be very helpful.

The MTB books are bit sparse and you do have to take a lot of extra info in them. I read some kaplan in the beginning but it was just so dense and time consuming.

Based on other people's past experiences, their scores do increase a bit after 2nd round of uworld. if mine doesn't increase at end of 2nd round then maybe i will need to relearn basics from kaplan...i am hoping not cause i am running out of time. Good luck!

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-31-2016

Hi, I really need some advice please. I just finished doing IM from Kaplan and mtb2 simultaneously. Now for rest of the subjects should I do Kaplan along with mtb 2 and 3 or just mtbs or Kaplan and mtb3. I want to start uworld right away as well and incorporate that in my schedule somehow but just need some guidance. Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

0 - ArchivalUser - 04-07-2016

hi guys,
how r u all
hows the prep coming along.... ?
gl to all

0 - ArchivalUser - 04-12-2016

Hi skin and others,

I am trying to improve my weakness nowadays and will do uworld again. I hope my next nbme scores will be promising.

Gl all

hey ..guys i was planning for end april , i ended up with 212 in name 7 .Any idea how the name 7 is compared to read exam

hi sarah i don't know what to say about that! u should ask someone that has done the exam probably.
comming to my progress i am really stuck doing nothing

0 - ArchivalUser - 04-17-2016

Hi all,

Is there anyone wrote the exam? If so, share your experience please.

@skin, @ dr_marini, @pseudomyxoma how the things going on?

gl

0 - ArchivalUser - 04-18-2016

hi picu,
i havent given my exam yet and dont think i will be ready anytime soon
i might plan it for may
will do an online nbme soon and let u know
good luck to all.....

0 - ArchivalUser - 04-18-2016

@picu its going slower than I expected, I recently moved and started research so wasnt able to study for a few weeks. Started with uw right away, done 20%. I can tell CK is alot about picking the best first option based on the situation and this can get tricky. Know your algorithms, my buddy scored 260 recently and used uworld only (did it thrice comprehensively).