USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
*****scramble 2011***** - pahology11 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: *****scramble 2011***** - pahology11 (/showthread.php?tid=568981)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-06-2011

Hi all. I applied to ERAS for match this year but could not secure any interviews.
Unfortunately for family reasons, I missed the NRMP deadline of 23rd Feb for registering for Scramble. Can anyone please share their login info for nrmp site with me in exchange for some payment so that I could access the unfilled list in real time as well?

About me, an old graduate (IMG) with okay scores, just trying my luck again.

Best of luck to everyone for Match & Scramble.

Thanks.

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-06-2011

hey mdk12,

it is not that anybody would not share their nrmp login info but since you did not register to NRMP already you can not participate in the scramble. I hope you know this, right?

best luck to you as well.

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-07-2011

My condition is I have just registered my NRMP at 2/22/11, but I did not apply for any program through ERAS since i just got exams done by this February. I do not know how this will hurt my scramble intention? Can someone explain to me?

here is scramble info md33...

POST-MATCH SCRAMBLE INFORMATION FOR ERAS 2011 IMG PARTICIPANTS

The Post-Match Scramble is a two-day period during which applicants who have not matched to a training position attempt to obtain a position that has not been filled through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), or the "Match." The 2011 Scramble begins on Tuesday, March15, 2011at 12:00 noon, Eastern Time in the United States, when the list of unfilled positions is released by the NRMP, and ends on Thursday, March 17, 2011at 12:00 noon, Eastern Time in the United States. In order to access the list of unfilled positions, you must be registered with the NRMP by the NRMP's Late Registration Deadline of February 23,2011.

To apply for unfilled positions during the Scramble, you must use the Association of American Medical Colleges’ (AAMC) Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). To use ERAS during the Scramble, you must have participated in ERAS 2011 during the regular application season; this means that you must have applied to and paid for at least one ACGME accredited program during the regular ERAS season and your AAMC ERAS account must be paid in full by Friday, March 11, 2011. If these requirements are not met, you will not be able to apply to programs until after the Scramble period is over.

It is very important to note that most U.S. residency programs participating in ERAS do not accept documents outside of the ERAS system. Therefore, unless a program gives you specific instructions to submit documents via fax or e-mail, you must only submit documents to programs via ERAS.

Previously during the Scramble, you could use ERAS to apply to a maximum of 30 new programs at no cost. Additionally, if programs to which you had applied to during the regular ERAS application season appeared on the list of unfilled positions, you could have reapplied to up to 15 of those programs at no cost.

Effective Scramble 2011, you may still apply to programs at no cost during the Scramble, however, the schedule for applying to programs using ERAS will be as follows:

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 – you may apply to a total of 30 applications

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 – you may apply to a total of 10 applications

Thursday, March 17, 2011 – you may apply to a total of 5 applications

The number will reset each day and you will not be able to carry over any un-used applications to the next day.

The Scramble is an intense period during which ERAS Support Services at ECFMG will transmit thousands of documents to the ERAS Post Office. Once the Scramble has started, ERAS Support Services will not scan and upload any additional documents. Therefore, if you have new supporting documents that you want to use during the Scramble, they must be submitted in time to arrive at ECFMG by March 1 (see item 3 below).

If you have used ERAS 2011 to apply to at least one program and you want to use ERAS to apply to programs during the Scramble, simply access the NRMP's list of unfilled positions from the NRMP website once the Scramble has started and apply to programs.

Hey guys,
I have a question for you. As far as I know, we can apply up to 45 program this year, right? what if I fax or e-mail my application to a particular program and they decided to take me, is that okay? even though I did not apply through ERAS?

Thanks

and another question,
Is there any way that we can update ERAS application because we applied almost 6 months ago and lot of things happened over this time so the current application does not reflect the reality. For example, I have got one paper published, got new job (research) and 5 more months USCE. How can I add all these things to my application?

Hi Pathology 11,

My friend didn't get any interviews. So, she didn't register for NRMP. But she applied through eras.

Can she still participate in match scramble?

123 - ArchivalUser - 03-07-2011

Hi Pathology, what to do if the unfilled programs are not those we have applied through eras? Can we still apply to them? My other doubt is, does the unfilled positions in programs we applied and those we have not applied already, carries the same weight? I mean is there any increased chance for those we applied apready?
Other doubt - can we apply to different programs? For ex, one have applied only to IM, but during scramble, can we apply to programs other than IM?

Thanks forever07!
Do you have any idea about the specialties? When I looked at programs with unfilled positions, many of them are Surgery-Prelim! Do you know how difficult to get Surgery-Prelim, esp. for old IMGs? And how about the Medicine -Prelim positions?
Many thanks for all information!

Vnmimg,

Yes, I agree with you, have you checked the link I posted you, there is a graph of specialities going for scramble.

The highest speciality is surgery prelim, then family medicine, and IM prelim.
In my opinion, old img won't be negative factor in scramble.

Only important thing is timely and effective way of application to unfilled programs.

If you know someone inside the program that you are going for scramble is the most effective way you can get the spots. This is what I feel.
Hope we all won't need this process!