USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
for old img's and mom's - 1128 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: for old img's and mom's - 1128 (/showthread.php?tid=631337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-01-2011

Thanks. mamaford and usmle2177. Very helpful advice.

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-02-2011

Helu e vryone..pls add me..skype id docbasti77..i want to be inspired too..just started with fa biochem...just married last year..still praying for children to come..hope i am welcome..ty

pls add me on guys and thanks Sarah for ur comments. I am a mama of 3 starting n stopping for the past year due to stress and finances.I had to dorp from Kaplan after 2 mos whn I cldnt pay no more but got sm mch-needed motivation and direction.Honestly,I hate those Kapln books,dy never seem to end.I was making so mch notes dt I re-wrote d whole book again in anatomy for 2d whole 2 mos! girls,I decided to do ds on my own cos cant afford kaplan.Lets do ds wt all dt we got,we can do this! my skype name is genevieve_814.Lets get 2geda n start smtin

1128,pls tell me how to use FA,I have lookd this book thru n Im nt sure d best way to use it. It looks confusing smhow wt just behv.Sc. n MCB being on its own. Others come under the HY organ systems. I dnt knw how to read by organ syss,I read subject by subject n I dnt wanna jump frm BCH to PATH to PHYSIO etc under one small topic/organ. I have only gone thru anat kapln once,was looking for it in FA but it's scatterd.Its nourology n embryology,right? cld it be cos I havnt realy read my kapl books? pls tell me the best approach to study overall.I hate Kapln books but I have to read dm ist as I have to grasp d facts first.do u know whr I can get 2009/2010 videos?thanks

1128 - ArchivalUser - 12-02-2011

@gogal....yes FA is kinda confusing....what i did was go through kaplan once.....ask the members in this forum and they might have all the books in pdf format and you can print all the books out....then once you have done kaplan then start on FA. i am doing 2010 FA and its system wise.....go thru it once along with uw....take notes from uw into a seperate page and start adding those notes into your fa. for example i do GIT from physio, then GIT from FA and then GIT from patho golijan and then i do GIT questions from uw. i would suggest you listen to golijan audio.
first get kaplan books, then listen to kaplan lectures (ask the members in this forum) i took the live lectures so i cant help you there sorry. then start FA along with uw and make notes. also listen to golijan audio. i hope i have not confused you too much..Smile)))

1128 - ArchivalUser - 12-02-2011

For all: Many of life's failures are people who did not realize HOW CLOSE they were to success when they gave up.
(got this quote from my friend, thought id share)

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-05-2011

Hi , what happened no one is updating ?
i am doing biochem uw but not able to study properly from 2 weeks & now portion is pending & worried will not be able to finish by jan .
& i just heard the talk that residency is getting more difficult this year & next year for prematches it will be all or none .
how did u all do when u done bio uw ? were u slow r fast ?

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-05-2011

Hi usmle2177, funny you posted about biochem, only a week back i was complaining about it tooSmile. I am at my first read and I got so depressed reading biochem that i wanted to quit studying all together. Luckily, I decided to change the subject (I still have this luxury at my first read, to postpone the hard subjectsSmile. I am reading Pharm and i like it a little better (but so much memorization!!! all those drugs i never heard about...)
Best of luck, you will finish Biochem, even if takes longer than expected

1128 - ArchivalUser - 12-05-2011

hey guys, biochem is hard in uw. i went through it once with fa and its definatly not easy. i did wanna quit reading biochem BUT the second time is so so much better. hang in there, dont beat yourself over it. 1st time i learned from uw and made notes. 2nd time i understood and did the uw questions and it is much better.

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-06-2011

I am also in the same situation. expecting my second baby in Feb. I am trying to study, but working on focusing and concentrating.
I know we all call do this . If anyone wants to discuss questions or study material please let me knpow. Hope to take exam end of April.