USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
*****scramble 2011***** - pahology11 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: *****scramble 2011***** - pahology11 (/showthread.php?tid=568981)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-11-2011

I talked to somebody recently who scrambled unsuccessfuly couple years back . He said it is very hectic day, he could not reach to any programs. He matched last year through the match.

i have a few questions...

1) can i apply to unfilled positions in California ( i dont have California letter lol)

2) what i do exactly in scramble
a. i choose all programs and then send talk by phone to each of them
b. choose one program at a time then talk to them then apply to another program?
c. it is not necessary to talk just apply and if they are interested they will contact you
d. none of the above (loooooooool)

3) will the unfilled positions show up at 11:30 or 12:00?

4) how will programs contact me??? im not in usa ..and i dont have a usa number..sure i can talk to them for some expensive fees but if they wanted me and want to say for example i was accepted..they wont be able to talk to me coz it is international call ?!

5) what should i say exacty if i talk to them? what should i expect them to ask me?

6) THIS IS V IMP TO ME ...PLZ...if i got a prelim year in medecine on j1 visa...how long do they give me this j1 visa... 1 year ..3 years 5 years??? if j1 is for one year in prelim so that means next year after step 3 ican apply for h1

7)is it a rumour that h1 visa postions are very hard to get???? so its better go for j1????

8) do people really match in scramble?? i mean what is kinda percentage because ifeel its kinda 5%

9) which scramble depend on
a. the speed ( the first one apply gets the job)
b.the C.V ( the scores ,,,ect)
c.per day they will check all people of that day then choose at the end ( so speed is not imp)
d.a reserved position for some usa graduates not to poor IMG

10) is prelim year a bad thing?? i mean is it easy next year to get an advanced postion or what??

wow, long post...here are the answers in Capital lettters:

1) can i apply to unfilled positions in California ( i dont have California letter lol) NO!

2) what i do exactly in scramble
a. i choose all programs and then send talk by phone to each of them AAAA YES APPLY ALL THE PROGRAMS THEN CALL OR SEND EMAIL IF YOU LIKE TO TALK TOT HEM, BUT THEY MAY NOT ANSWER THE PHONE.
b. choose one program at a time then talk to them then apply to another program?
c. it is not necessary to talk just apply and if they are interested they will contact you
d. none of the above (loooooooool)

3) will the unfilled positions show up at 11:30 or 12:00?

4) how will programs contact me??? im not in usa ..and i dont have a usa number..sure i can talk to them for some expensive fees but if they wanted me and want to say for example i was accepted..they wont be able to talk to me coz it is international call ?! 5) what should i say exacty if i talk to them? what should i expect them to ask me? tHEY CALL YOU TO CINDUCT AN INTERVIEW ON THE PHONE. EVEN IF YOU DONT HAVE us PHINE NUMBER AS LONG AS YOU PROVIDED THEM A NUMBER THEY WILL CALL YOU,.

6) THIS IS V IMP TO ME ...PLZ...if i got a prelim year in medecine on j1 visa...how long do they give me this j1 visa... 1 year ..3 years 5 years??? if j1 is for one year in prelim so that means next year after step 3 ican apply for h1 DONT KNOW THE ANSWER.

7)is it a rumour that h1 visa postions are very hard to get???? so its better go for j1???? DONT KNOW THE ANSWER.

8) do people really match in scramble?? YES THEY DO BUT VERY FEW IMGS DO. NVERTHELESS THERE IS NO PENALTY TO APPLY. i mean what is kinda percentage because ifeel its kinda 5% YUP

9) which scramble depend on
a. the speed ( the first one apply gets the job)
b.the C.V ( the scores ,,,ect)
c.per day they will check all people of that day then choose at the end ( so speed is not imp)
d.a reserved position for some usa graduates not to poor IMG WHO KNOWS ? i THINK AMGS HAVE THE BIGGEST CHANCE...

10) is prelim year a bad thing?? NO BETTER THAN NOTHING i mean is it easy next year to get an advanced postion or what?? YES, YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE BETTER CHANCE TO GET AN ADVANCE POSITION NEXT YEAR.

how about scramble prilim IM or prilim surgery? will it make it easier to get into category IM next year? Thanks!

ANY prelim will be counted as THE MOST recent, ONGOING USCE as a LICENSED PHYSICIAN so it WILL eliminate all the problems with YOG, low scores, etc... The only 2 things you will need will be your passed Step 3 and PDs LOR confirming that you are good caring physician, dedicated to your patients and able to think clinically.

So, prelim will open all the doors for you!
GL,
E.

I don't think the unfilled programs list comes out at 11:30--when I log into NRMP, it says "Unmatched applicants will be able to view unfilled program information on this page beginning at 12 pm eastern time on Tuesday , March 15, 2011."

So I don't think it's that you can see the unfilled list at 11:30 and make a list of 30 programs for the next 30 minutes and then start applying at noon. I think you get the list at noon, and have to start applying and calling right away. Which sucks :-(

You are right, Flinstone. It is 12pm EST.
E.

Thanks a lot, erg! it is so helpful!

welcome.
GL.

Hi erg

I am glad to know more about prelim. Thank you.

Flintstone,
Have you checked the match schedule posted in Nrmp?
Can you check below please.

What I understand is that the individual program, matched or unmatched will be released at 11.30am.
Then, scramble will start exactly 12 noon.

So, you mean, we will get unfilled list at 12 and then start scramble at 12.
I can't get like that.
So, what do you think after checking below link?

http://www.nrmp.org/res_match/yearly.html