USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
for old img's and mom's - 1128 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: for old img's and mom's - 1128 (/showthread.php?tid=631337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

1128 - ArchivalUser - 12-16-2011

@usmle2177 hang in there we all have been through those days.....its not easy....but YOU WILL ACHIEVE YOUR DREAM.....ONLY A MATTER OF TIMESmile)))

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-16-2011

hi all momz!
feels good to see all of o working so hard!
am soon to be mom, am around 30 weeks now, still having hyperemesis. surviving on gravol and have to take IV fluids atleast once a week. having a full time job and consuming gravol on regular basis leaves me with hardly 2-3hrs to spend on my studies if am nt very sick. Am trying to make most out of the few hrs I get. I have to get this exam done by may coz my mom will be leaving after may and I will not have any help with the child who is due in feb. started with pharma, not even half way thru it after 12 days, am nt satisfied with my pace.feeling very depressed rite now. pls advise me about the prep according to ur experience. pls help me out of the depression.

Writing uw notes on fa seems to me da most hateful thing! Can sm1 tel me how do u guys manage da notes?? I hate it ESP wen ur left wid no more space on the page

@1128, that's great!! Ths z ur frst tym of doin uw? If yes thn plz telme how to improve mine in uw..? Actually I did all Kaplan books n vids togethr n after breaks startd uw. Now I hav already forgotten a lot, almost all. Shud I do da Kaplan review again b4 uw?

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-17-2011

@charmusmle like ur motivation but dont put too much pressure on yourself as last trimester of pregnancy itself is hard ... + hyperemesis its hard to even imagine what your going thru & also your working full time & studying for this exam . all this stress is making hyperemesis even worse . 2-3 hrs at present in your situation is more than enough try to study with a studypartner it will make ur reading constant , enjoyable & motivated without getting depressed.

@pass4real hi hwru iam also planning to gve my exam in feb i am intersted in study with u contact me @ nawal_hope.

1128 - ArchivalUser - 12-17-2011

@lucky111 i am doing uw subject wise...i make notes on a seperate sheet of paper and when im done making notes on that subject from uw i glue those pieces of paper at the end of the chapter in FA....this way my notes are a bit more organized and my Fa is not scribbled with notes....my FA has become very thickSmile))
yes im doing uw first time....right now im doing subjectwise, untimed....i first study the subject and then i do uw questions to see how well i have studied it....my weak areas are patho, physio,pharmac and im planning to go back to kaplan for that.

I guess we have to join the Applicantguide USMLE Forum USMLE and Residency forum: http://www.pages/​Usmle-Residency-ApplicantGuide/​182288241798212

Hi
I am interested in preparing for Step 1....
being an IMG, n out of touch with friends too, living a married life and going to be a mom in the next 4 months for my first child...
I am a little nervous abt studying now, after a long break....specially stuff for step 1....
can someone guide me on what's the best way to study? are kaplan lecture notes enough or is it necessary to read the core text books?
also, keeping my pregnancy and delivery in mind, can someone also guide me abt how to go about preparing? at the moment, although i am v happy abt hainvg my first child, i am also concerned abt how i will cope with studies along with the baby and when should i time my exam.....
hope to have some encouraging and positive replies which are helpful....

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-18-2011

@1128: thanx for ur reply,, ths z Gud idea, now I'll do ths way tooSmile) I've very Gud spirit, I chek ths thread just to see ur repliesSmile wen ru planning ur exam? Do u study alone or with a study partner?