USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Family Medicine Applicants Gather Here... - diverticulosis - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Family Medicine Applicants Gather Here... - diverticulosis (/showthread.php?tid=788728)

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-03-2014

Rejection. Texas Wichita falls family medicine residency program. I think its called North Central Texas program

Today morning I received this message:

Rejection from Texas Wichita falls family medicine residency program

Hey guys, feeling kinda tense here

Applied on the 26th (i guess a lil late) cos of the delayed ck result
IMG
YOG: 2010
Step 1: 225-230 (1st attempt)
Step 2CK: 240-245 (1st attempt)
CS: passed (1st attempt)
took all the exams this year.
3 LORs from US physicians( 1 of which is FM)
USCE : 10 months
Applied to a combination of IM and Fm programs about 170 in total. No rejections or interviews, only ack
Wondering if i should call the programs or still wait a little. Scared some programs didn't download my app. since i didnt apply on the 15th or 16th

Not to sound cynical but everybody that gets worried and comes to post stats and creds, you do realize everyone else is on the same boat and no one can actually predict for you whether you'll get an interview based on your stats. Only thing ppl can do here is encourage each other. And I highly doubt that PDs are scouting out these forums looking for potential applicants. I don't really understand why ppl put up their stats esp if it's reasonably good and yet your worried. People worry when they have failed something or have scores below 200s...however even those I've seen match somewhere and it's likely because they bucked up and stayed hopeful doing whatever they can to get in. Posting things like 'omg I got 230+ on everything and I'm sooooo scared and worried' is mad aggravating to say the least. I suggest that after you've submitted apps you just practice some breathing exercises and wait patiently and pray fervently. Only God and the interview committee can help you now.

@u_mad_bro well said! I was waiting to put that out there. Being that this is my second year applying and second time on these forums I have to say I have never seen sooooo much unnecessary complaining before. "So depressed" , "So worried", "So nervous" I think we can honestly say that every single one of us is feeling that way on the inside I guess others just need the world to know so that someone can coddle them to feel better. Lets use this forum the way it was meant to be used to share information and advice *not your feelings". dont get me wrong there are a lot of great posts, hence the fact I keep coming back but the BS is definitely taking over.

Totally agree, love how ppl with 230-240 ask if they r going to match and worry, does that mean ppl with fails are off hanging themselves? It all comes down to who you are, how much patience and positivity u have no matter what stats you have...

My stats aren't great but I've never asked someone if I'm gonna match, no one can give u that answer

so depressed...so worried...so nervous...freaking out...blah blah blah..
Please do yourself and your future patients a favor: Find a stress management program and enroll ASAP... like do it now!!

@matchit2014...I think it's becoming more like a pity party forum and people looking for sympathy. The energy is too negative...Don't get me wrong, I do understand how a majority of people feel. For someone matching for the third time I have many reasons to worry but instead of worrying I kept up hope and faith that my time will come. My stats aren't great(210s and below) and fortunately have had no attempts, but so far this cycle I've had 3 IVs and patiently waiting n praying for more. Hoping everyone here gets atleast one as well. All you need to match is just one. It's a difficult process but hey, it is what it is.

@u_mad_bro- Congrats on getting 3 interviews. You deserve it. A lot of people are anxious by nature. Its good that you can keep your nerve steady not everyone can. You shouldn't judge people though. Seems like you have a problem with people with 230's and their anxiety. My friends with scores on 265 plus were equally anxious last year, one even had 32 interviews.

Last thing people need is sermon. Hope you understand!