USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 (/showthread.php?tid=292962)

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-03-2008

People calm down...GOD has plans for everyone.....You can never end up in a better program with a prematch.....the programs which are worried about not filling up their positions with match are notoriously known for offering prematch........but ofcourse if you get one then please take it and make our lives a bit easier..Big Grin

usmle9989
How are you doing my friend? How many interviews have you got so far? Have you got calls from Iowa and Indiana too? I just went to their website and found out that their IMG residents are mostly from Nigeria hence my frivolous remark..Smile.....Indians can definitely get prematches but I guess Psych prematches mostly come from NY and NJ. Whats wrong with match usmle9989? May GOD give you strength to handle the stress .

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-03-2008

People calm down...GOD has plans for everyone.....You can never end up in a better program with a prematch.....the programs which are worried about not filling up their positions with match are notoriously known for offering prematch........but ofcourse if you get one then please take it and make our lives a bit easier..Big Grin

usmle9989
How are you doing my friend? How many interviews have you got so far? Have you got calls from Iowa and Indiana too? I just went to their website and found out that their IMG residents are mostly from Nigeria hence my frivolous remark..Smile.....Indians can definitely get prematches but I guess Psych prematches mostly come from NY and NJ. Whats wrong with match usmle9989? May GOD give you strength to handle the stress .

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-04-2008

pcp

thanks alot, i did not apply to Univ of Iowa,bcos i heard it is not FMG friendly,but i did to Illinois,but no iv from dm, i av 7 IVs in all,2 more to go, 5 in Psych,2 in FM ( back up),no prematch,am worried my IV is too small for match,since i av dm in 2 specialties,i am hoping for a prematch in psych to put it all behind, but i think my credentials aint good enough,but God is enough for me.
So hw many IVs do u av in all my brother PCP,and hw is it going for u.

usmle9989,

I am getting scared seeing your post. I am pretty much in your position too..I got 7 interviews in total..but I applied only for psych programs. I was under the impression it isa reasonable number ..you seem to think otherwise!

resilentdoc

u can not compare urself to me, u av 7 IVs all in Psych, dt is very good, also ,am sure u av a better credentials than i do, all d best

Since we're talking numbers... I only have 5 interviews from University programs that do not offer positions outside of the match. =)

xthine
am sure u av a very good credentials, dt is y u have IVs from UNiv programs,all the best to yall, may God help us all.

Lets just hope that no matter the number of interviews we have God will match us to the program that is the best one for us. Many a times its hard to tell whats best for us He knows best..lets trust Him to do the very best.

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-05-2008

hey.............. just brought it to the front Smile

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-05-2008

good job ruby102,how are you doing,so wt nxt after signing prematch,i pray i get one too,otherwise match for me all d way