USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 (/showthread.php?tid=292962)

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-11-2009

where you had 2nd look xnthine ?

RF..I was not impressed at all..so I dont intend to rank it.Hershey was ok...no correspondence after thank you mail exchanges.

hey resilientdoc how many are u planning to rank? what are your top ones? I am ranking 11.. my top ones are UVa....creighton...RF(becuase of the location)...have you been to Maine? they don`t take IMGs I guess..plus it was damn cold...thats how I felt.

And what do people think about HSS? I got some response from the PD....any inputs?

I did not have as many interviews as you. But I there are places I have interviewed I really do not wish to train at..so of the 9 interviews I had, I am ranking only 5. From all 5 I have very postive feedback..so i am going to take the risk and not rank all programs.

Wow..bold move resilientdoc but this says how dedicated you are to your specialty....for you the standard of training matters the most. May GOD fulfill your wishes.

Can you tell me why you hated RF? May be it`ll be an eye opening experience. I mean..not ranking them at all or even at the bottom is something that really questions my decision. Thanks again for your reply.

And about the number of interviews....I got 12 but they were all from crappy places....its the quality that matters...not the quantity...Smile....You had some great calls...congrats on that. Smile

I wish to be ina program where the attending speak better english than me.. I do not want to be in prgrams where their english is crappier than mine. That really is a turn off for me. The kind of questions they asked during the interview also was not as mature and healthy as I had in other interviews. They somehow felt deficient abt themselves and kept asking me ur credentials are so good why would you come to our program, where will u rank us, will u rank us low in ur list or higher up...I felt these questions were a sign of weakness. It is just an interpretation. Looking at their residents I felt I would not fit them..it is just a vibe..nothing wrong abt them..just that I cannot see myself there..thats all. I might regret these decisons if I were to go unmatched..but I want to be honest with myself.

@resilientdoc: thats a bold move, but i'd second that. I am myself not ranking all the places I have gone to

@pcp to an earlier q somewhere, i have 12 interviews, but don't plan to rank few of them. if after so much work and effort, if I feel i m not in a place I deserve, it would be a crappy 4 years....for both me and the program!! Smile

resilientdoc and pcp-

resilent-sorry to hear about your exp at rosalind-I actullay thought everyone was very friendly and nice-and being afflilaiated with the VA-but maybe you met some different people.

Did anybody here have an interview at RUSH, Ohio state Univ, Univ of Lousiville, Toledo Univ, Wright State Univ-if so what did you guys think..

Im ranking Rush first then rosalind just cuz i live in chicago already