USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 (/showthread.php?tid=292962)

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-11-2009

^Biochem, have you heard anything from the RF PD since your interview?

@Resilientdoc: Sorry too hear about your experience. That's exactly how I feel about 1 of my programs..it was such a let down for me.

@Kumar: WSU. Just got back from their grand rounds.

I wonder if anyone else went there for a second look or has been getting feedback from the PD.

Yes I know I am making a risky choice..but I really do not get a good vibe about Rosalind franklin..one of the attending himself sounded so frustrated with the program..many attendings are chinese and hispanic...there is nothing wrong with that..I want to be in a program where I come out with better communication skills than when I went in...people speaking in malayali accent and spanish accent is just distasteful to me.Over and above the program will only offer only J1visa. If I do a residency on J1 I better do it in an elite univ program...not rosalind franklin.

xthine- yes i did hear back from them after i sent them my thank you letter-pretty good response- everyone was so friendly. I also got 2 phonecalls from the PD's of 2 Univ programs telling me that they wil be ranking me high!!

Resilelnt- thats totally understandable- i dont have a communication barrier or anythg so hopefully that will help me out alot and help me get my work done faster Smile also im a US citizen so you have the right concerns in mind- but im sure you will get exactly what you want.

Even I got so many really good University programs but my hubby and I want to stay in chicago Smile thats why im ranking Rush first then Rosalind.

biochem have u heard anything from university of Louisville?
Good luck everyone.

^Biochem510: That's fantastic!! =) I miss Chicago..the pizza at Silo..ribs at Carsons. Arrrgh!

biochem.....Did anybody here have an interview at RUSH, Ohio state Univ, Univ of Lousiville, Toledo Univ, Wright State Univ-if so what did you guys think..

You are like a different species to us...just kidding...have never heard from them...just because they didn`t call me, I just know they must be the best ones. Smile..GL.

hope for-- --yes the PD called me today and then sent me an email saying they are very interested in me Smile)

Thanks pcp- its so weird I had all those interviews and got good responses from all of them---but I want to stay in chicago so in the end--I might just have 2 to choose from...but Im so confused bc the other programs are great and had great incentives---i dont know if I should rank according to where I want to live and where my hubby has a really good job ORRR where the program is the best but then my hubby will have to look for a new job!!

this is so STRESSFUL!!

biochem
I am a hubby so I can tell you that you can`t be happy without making your hubby happy(we are an adamant bunch!!).....so stay in Chicago...or else he`ll give you gray hairs pretty soon ..Tongue

@biochem

you have some pretty good interviews! wish i had a call from chicago, but the weathers too cold for me Smile

biochem I believe u have very good credential and interviewing skill, u heard positive reply almost from every program.
Thats good.
Good luck folks