Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I signed prematch from Maimonides peds!!! - resapril
resapril were u interested only in pediatrics your credentials must have surely got you enough IM ivs if you have applied weren't you confused?
hi resapril,
do u mean that they wud not have given u a prematch, had you not cleared step 3 or were about to ? please explain..
hi ..pls could u tell me how your interview was conducted....who conducted it ...what did they ask ..any medical q' s...i have my Iv next wk...pls cpuld u help!!
pls resapril!!help!!!
Congratulations Resapril. it is a great program. Best wishes for Residency & beyond.
grace98, thank u man. I wish the same for u.
spins, I was interviewd by the PD and the chief resident. They didnt ask medical question, PD asked 'tell about yourself', I majorly mentioned about my USCE, he asked my weakness and strengths. The day starts with presentation, The good thing is both PD and Chairman are there and talk to the candidates. Before interviews they ask all candidates to talk about themselves, like what you have done since graduation. After lunch, you start interviews. everyone had 2 interviews. Interviews were in friendly manner. They ask common interview questions. I think the key is showing your real interest to the program. good luck

thanks a lot resapril!just one question...when they say talk about yourself... do u start with where u r from ..where u did your medicine training how u came to US etc....OR u talk about your personality /characteristics/strengths..etc.....pls tell me !
hi spins,
when they asked 'tell about yourself' I just told what I have done since graduation, much focused on my USCE. I tried to talk more about my clinical experience in US and explained in detail. I think it is no value to tell where you r from or how you came here. Try to point out your strong parts of your application especially clinical experience in the USA/Canada/UK. Hope this helps.
Resapril, please accept my heartiest congratulations. it is an excellent program.I wish you the very best for residency .

I have a question about " tell about yourself" it is wonderful that you have the USCE, unfortunately many don't have or have it at a minimal, so what else do you suggest we talk about.

do we tell about Family, hobbies,,etc..

I appreciate your input. thanks for your time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »