Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MHA or MPH, who did it? - markglt
does anybody know how cheap is the cheapest in state MPH?
thanks drrogerfedrer and flintstone for the info... gud luck..!!
flin82, what state u in?
ohio.........
zubeda- No problem.

Regarding MHA or MPH-This is all I know about the difference between MHA and MPH- MHA is better if you want to someday become a hospital administrator/executive, MPH is better if you want to run community health programs or do epidemiologic research (the statistics you learn if you are an epidemiology major can also help with doing clinical research). That's a very basic impression I have.

My impression is that MD's who get MPH's are more interested in either preventive medicine (primary care) or applying preventive measures to any specialty or they want a better background in biostatistics and methods for doing research. However, you can also do an MPH with an administration major at most places, and I am guessing this is similar to an MHA.
thank you buddy
Agree with Flintstone82 on the explanation of the difference of MPH and MHAs... The only addition is that with MPH you may be able to get a state job... especially if you are a GC holder or citizen.

I am currently at MHA program at Webster University. Being a physician, I have a sequential status, which means that I don't have to take any electives, only 27 core credit hours. The total cost is about $15K, but if you have SS#, you may be able to get a loan...

When you look for a program , please be very careful with the accreditation. There are many programs offering any kind of degrees, but most of them are not accredited (i.e not recognized anywhere), so you may waste lot of your time and money...

GL,
E.
hi flintstone82
can i ask you which city in ohio and which school. i'm also in ohio.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »