Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apologies to all dosa demons! - glipizide
being an Indian, (not from south or north), I ALWAYS got help from my fellow Indian friends, seniors,attendings.. they just ROCK !!!! Anything about India.. yehhhh Chak de !!! Its my privilege to be Indian, also I appreciate all the support and help from my friends from Pakistan.

@zenc, your experience may be isolated, it happens, but u can NOT generalize. all my friends helped me a LOT without even knowing me well. Stop BS guys.Smile
@glipizide You show attitude even when you apologize. Pls stop these kind of hatred threads. You represent India when you speak here on a forum used by everyone around the world. It reflects very poorly on all of us. Forum is meant to help each other.

Unfortunately system is not fair. You see spouses and relatively being matched when even lot of people with good credentials are not. But thats the case everywhere in the world...We need to deal with it.
I agree neversaydie4- I'm also not from South or North but am Indian-American-both Indians and Pakistanis have helped me in my career thus far, and so have Caucasian and Black attendings...

my LORs-are from 1 Indian, 1 Pakistani, 1 Black-American, 1 African (from Ghana) and 1 White-American...

Residents and attendings from all countries have been helpful and kind towards me and I wouldn't be where I am today (though it's not in residency, but close) without their support and encouragement...I always got help from the Indian observers, residents, and attendings around me and they never seemed disinterested in helping others! Same goes to the people from other countries....
@flintstone82: my 'the stuff that's going on 'HERE', i meant the forum, not Indians. It's really sad to see such hate against any group in general...like some guy who posted he was grateful he got rejected by a NM program cz he did not want to work with Native Americans cz they're involved with drugs/s/whatever which is so so damn racist!! If this were a forum like most regular public forums, he would have got a good lashing back, but no one here seemed to care cz it's okay to teart other people as second-class citizens as long as you're not part of the group. I explicitly mentioned that I'm sure such behavior is not the rule. I'm sorry if it looked like it was meant another way.
This is unproductive! Let me lock this thread down. By the way, I'm not officially an Indian any longer (for the last 24 hours)!! I tell you what, probably this is all a reaction to giving my Indian Citizenship! The fukking Govt doesn't allow dual citizenship!! MSU rejection just precipitated it as an acute rage reaction!! I wish everybody the very best of luck and let us do something concrete!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »