Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatal error :( - spring2011
While drafting thank you notes to PDs after interview, I send a note addressed to PD A
to PD B. Am I toast?
not good though.. always check 3 times before pressing send button!
I feel terrible. I think I am toast. If it was resident or faculty may be there was a chance they would overlook....not PD
I caught my mistake and send an apology e-mail will that undo atleast some of the harm?
well i dont think the PDs will believe that you are interested in only their pgm.So unless you trashed another pgm in your mail I feel they will just leave it.But I hope you didnt make specific claims like I am ranking you number 1 etc!!!
The PD wont even read them as there are hundreds of notes sent to him or her each application season. A thank you note is not going to get you a better rank number or a pre-match spot.

All communication gets printed and put in the applicant file, never to be seen again.
I am agree with nehmemorial

Forget PAST and concentrate on FUTURE.
I dont think its a good idea to follow up on the email, it may just bring to attention what may have slipped by.

I did that mistake too but during fellowship match and I DID hear back from the PD. He was nice enough to let it slip. But what is done is done, I dont think the small lapse will affect your chances. Dr. Chris is correct all correspondence get printed and shelved away in the applicant file.
Funny exercise: when you match in to a program, go to the program office and ask for your dossier. Lo and behold, you will find mostly everything about you that you sent to the program, correspondence, scores, letters, everything!

good luck!
Thanks guys. Really appreciate your encouraging responses. Don't feel so down any more and hoping for the best outcome. Good luck every one during iv season!
"I dont think its a good idea to follow up on the email, it may just bring to attention what may have slipped by."

Best advice I have seen on this forum in a long time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »