Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am working with a Dr, in his private office, I - flowermau
What you are doing is being an MA (medical assistant). He should be paying you to do it. As long as you do not tell the patient you are a doctor, then it is up to the licensed doctor to determine what your skill level is. Pushing IV meds requires a nursing license. But non invasive procedures, phlebotomy, BP, triage, UA etc. does not require a license in Texas just basic skills. I did this before and I have put it under observship as I was observing the licensed physician with the patient dx and tx. I would try to ask for a little money and get a great letter of recomendation. By the way my physician had me suturing etc before I left there with his oversight. It was a great experience for me and it helped to get me a great research position that I now have till I pass the CK.

Good luck.
Thats all crap medical assistants do all that everyday and don't need to be licensed
what you can't do is DIAGNOSE nor TREAT a patient on your own volition.
Yes its USCE and your safe, if you want to be even safer get a Medical Assistant Certification
from AMT.
how to get medical assistant certification? i have ecfmg certificate, will this help ?
hai flowermau,
Email this id for details. INFO@NHANOW.COM. Actually,there is an exam of MCQs which we r allowed to write. The fee is about 150 dollars. It is an online exam. Once u clear the exam u will get the certificate within 2 weeks.
It is definitely US Clinical experience. All the best.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »