Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I find it quite ironic.....(Khan's Cases) - borislav
tictoc, of course you are correct, there are EXCEPTIONS...and is so common sense! I actually had n accidentally needle stick while working...and of course they run HIV test/Hep B and so on...with or without the pt's consent!!! WHY? is my own health that is a priority and MUST foolow up appropriatelly? Let's say the pt i got an accidental needle stick from is a PSYCO/or chronic alcoholic and upset w his own life and maybe abit dpressed AND HE REFUSES to run an HIV test on his own blood at teh expense of my own life!!! ISN"t just common sense to do an HIV test in this scenario, even W/O his consent?
C'mom people, be thinking DOCTORS FIRST, bfore anythingelse...
I know that (like informing hiv+ patients partner), he specifically mentions this example and says here you have the alternative of assuming the patient is hiv+. Much more examples.... this was only one. I think khans explanations are not solid enough. I think we just need to memorize the basic rules and go with common sense.
its just the matter of opinion, do what u think is best for u. GL.
I found Khans cases better than Fisher as well...both are easy to read but Khans seems more like proper questions
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »