Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old graduate 2002, do I have to repeat all exams - surabhi222
Not all states have that 7 year rule, you could practice in Florida for example. But all this applies only after residency.

Good to hear that you have received interviews before. You are already ecfmg certified, so you could just apply and see what happens? Best of luck
I am a really old graduate 1993. Is there any chance for me to get a residency.? I passed each exam on second attempt with scores of 93 and 89. Passed step 2 CS on 2nd attempt. Have not taken 3rd step.
Can anyone give some advice please? Greatly appreciate it
The purpose i started this disucssion to just find out , whether these scores are valid in any way to get into a residency program is the big question?

In my opinion they are very old scores, old graduate, cant explain the gap in the CV with clinical experience.

I think the chances of residency is , may be 1%.

I think better to choose alternate pathway to each persons capacity , personality and your goal.

May be MPH with Phd, or nursing with NP, or physician assistant, or do clinical trial research
do whatever you want to do but keep residency also a part of your struggle. scores can not be changed but you can improve your cv and then apply. we are not in normal pool of candidates, we have issues and no one is going to solve for us. To me best approach is MPH and clinical trial research both and after few years I can get a very nice job. but I will keep on applying too with improve cv. If you are US citizen or permanent resident join residency ready physician. a discussion about NP program is going on there. You can join that.
hi down21 will you please give me your email id, i have few questions to ask. thank you

My friend is doing clincal research for a good private company. She mentions that I dont need to have any additional degrees to do clinical research. I will let you know.

Wish you goodluck with everything.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »