Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks sys_71082..... - aboutmatching
good luck to u sys ... thank you from my side too
Agree with all. thanks and good luck to you as always.
yes , sys_71082 is such a good and helping guy. keep it up pls.
no prob everyone, thanks for the positive feedback Smile
Thank you sys_71082, you really helped a lot. I hope you match this season.
Can I know why you didn't match in the last matches and what you did to improve your CV?
And what to do for living if somebody doesn't match?
yes i agree with all

Sys always give his time to forum people for their advice, suggestion, information etc

i truly wish for his MATCH, ALLAH bless you always.
Thanks everyone

@houranis, I dont know why I didnt match the last matches but im assuming I just wasnt a "fit" for the programs i interviewed, which honestly makes sense. California is known to be competitive for IMG (and even AMG) and for the last 2 years all of my interivews (3 each year) were from california even though i applied in all states. no idea why it happened like that. To better my CV, I did more observerships, externships, and did research and had a few publications (not first author though). The biggest factor from last year to this year I think is I took step 3 so I got more interviews this year probably because of that. And I also got interviews outside of California this time so I think step 3 is extremely important.

As for living if people dont match, it depends. There are places that allow foreign medical graduates to work in billing and coding with just on the job training and they can make around $25/hour doing that. You can also go back to school and if you really want to stay in medicine, then P.A. school is 2 years and earn around $100,000 a year in certain places and specialties. Or of course you can go to medical school in the U.S. if youre absolutely determined to practice as a physician in the U.S..(i dont think you are eligible to apply to any regular medical school but theres a program in new york thats specifically for foreign medical graduates to get a D.O. degree). You can also go to school for other things like ultrasound tech etc but they dont earn much and job prospects are a bit weak. If you dont want to do any further schooling, if you go on "www.indeed.com" and type "foreign medical graduate" youll get a small handful of job positions avaiable for foreign grads though i wouldnt rely on this as a primary means of finding a job.
God blesses the cheerful giver...
your time is coming ...
good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »