Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far down do programs usually go in their ROL? - chloet
You are reading it wrong. That means they will go down 49 applicants in average to fill in their slots. But they would have ranked probably a lot higher than that
gardening is correct. 4.9 applicants means for 10 positions they went down to position 49 to match all their positions, but they couldve ranked 50 or 200 for all we know. its not the number of ranked positions, its the number of positions that at minimum was needed to fill all their positions
yeah gardening i got it wrong earlier, it says "average number of ranked applicants needed to fill each position within programs".

so this means on an average psych programs would have ranked 50+ applicants for 10 positions but they managed to fill all 10 positions by 49th rank.
Usually most applicant rank on average 10+ applicants per position
This year our FM program interviewed about 80, ranked about 70. We have 8 slots. Based on previous years, we will probably go down to about 20-25th applicant to fully match. Best year in recent memory was 13, worst was about 30.
@conoro: woa...13 is nothing....20-25 is nothing too according to what I was thinking the norm was. I had roughly the same understanding as previous posts here- roughly 50-60 to match 10 (with variations throughout years of course)...you must have a really great program. congrats on being there =)
Not asking the name but what state is ur peogram in?
So even for a particular program it varies from year to year..
basically, yea. I guess you can never really know..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »