Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silent Inbox - Anyone in a similar situation? - cherian
@ aybabtu : lol, i really dont trust residency swap...
Just rejections. Everyday 2-3.
Marshfield Wisconsin , Newark beth , texas tech .....peds
not silent, my is actively sending me rejections Sad
Seems like same on all forums. Maybe the first wave of IVs gone. If AMG and top IMGs start cancelling then there will be a new wave of IV invites I guess.

I began emailing programs last week. Three to four responses - still going through apps. Maybe crazy competitive this year.
Originally applied to 142 programs, got 16 rejections. My CS is pending and won't come til Dec 9th. One program says they are holding app until then, but all IV slots may be full by then.
Then I anxiously applied to 44 more programs - may be late but I said what the heck, need to increase my odds. Then got three rejections after. The way you need to look at it is they say IMGs get 1 IV per 20 programs applied so then I should count on getting now 177 rejections. Look at it that way and keep pressing on. We have to have HOPE.

Good Luck all! this process is brutal especially for old grads like me.
Its getting hard not easy to match for FMG/IMG 4 programs tops prematch, rest we have to wait for AMG royalty to leave the "Crumbs on the floor" for the peasants. LOL Waiting.....................
Totally agree with @jopo2016 and student 1960.
The first wave is over, now starts the real painful waiting for others to cancel their IVs.
Just wish i could resist the urge of checking my email every 10 minutes Sad
empty inbox... i applied this month as i took sometime getting my LOR and my cs result. i applied to 156 prog only got 2 rejections and that's all.
I think i have developed OCD, i am checking my inbox every few min Sad
With so many applicants, it's hard to believe the second wave will be awe-inspiring.

I'll get interviews from two places that have promised in advance. I did rotations at both places so chances are good, but it would have been nice having other interviews and opportunities.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »