Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DS 2019 for J-1 visa - rock1983
Vacation or not , we are still leaving the US and traveling internationally. Hence the need for validation.
got it
Yeah leaving US even for 5 hours requires us to have that travel validation portion signed before leaving....the way we get it signed is to actually ask ECFMG to send us a duplicate DS-form with that portion signed after we upload a duplicate DS request form on OASIS. This form needs to be signed by both you and the TPL before getting uploaded....according to ECFMG website, it takes 7-9 days of processing after they receive that request form until they issue a duplicate 'travel validated' DS-form so apply well in advance of your travels
guys I have a question. So I need to get a drug test done and some other tests for my program. Can I go to USA and come back lets say this week or next with out showing my DS form and just using my passport. Also I need to go see some apartments. After that I can just use my DS form to enter USA when I am going in june. Is that possible???
show your canadian passport and enter as a visitor
no need to show your ds form
what is the last step for us? do we have to be validated on SEVIS

there is a section on the online j1 sponsership page saying that Validated on sevis:

mines blank

just wondering if that has to say sumthing or is that later wen we cross border with our DS2019 ( as a canadian)

anyone?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »