Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should I apply now????? - desperate_img
Many hospitals offer externships, which Will require your college degree, many will ask for step 1 score. However there is an extensive wait period to get the rotation. Mount sinai hospital is an example. With your timeline private companies may be your only option (choose wisely amongst the private ones). If you get a hospital rotation, that would be great. But 5 months till sept 15th, theres a good chance you might not get into hospital based rotations or not have at least two months of rotations before sept 15.
thank you so much guys!!had no idea about the externships,let alone in top tier hospitals like Mt Sinai! But to be honest I have searched thoroughly the site of Mt Sinai and haven't found any externship in IM...they offer rotations in other specialties(psychology)...would appreciate if you could provide us with the site...thanks once more!
I’m not sure about the websites where you can find externships, but they are out there. People who didn’t go through the educational system here are better equipped to answer that question. Based on what my friends from South America have told me, Harvard offers an expensive one.
A few other hospitals are UNC, Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »