Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
passing score 80% after jan 1st - waheed
a bad news i meant
correct me if i am wrong..but raising the minimum passing score, wount affect the big scores also???meaning less people will get 99...
correct me if i am wrong..but raising the minimum passing score, wount affect the big scores also???meaning less people will get 99...
i dont think that the CHANGE in passing scores is something to worry about cuz
- if you are an img and you are hoping to get into a clinical program with just pass scores then high hopes. if you are hoping to enroll into basic sciences then its something else.
- the thing is that that in 2003 the scores were revised and the passing score was set to 182. but remember that is the USMLE post it says nothing about increasing the pass score. all it says is that the pass score will be re-evaluated. i dont think there is a reason to panic.
- and i sorta agree with what aber says. if you are dwindling on the fact that a raise in the pass scores will jeopardize your chances then you are better off failing the exams and reappearing with a better prep program hoping to nail it then!
i dont think that the CHANGE in passing scores is something to worry about cuz
- if you are an img and you are hoping to get into a clinical program with just pass scores then high hopes. if you are hoping to enroll into basic sciences then its something else.
- the thing is that that in 2003 the scores were revised and the passing score was set to 182. but remember that is the USMLE post it says nothing about increasing the pass score. all it says is that the pass score will be re-evaluated. i dont think there is a reason to panic.
- and i sorta agree with what aber says. if you are dwindling on the fact that a raise in the pass scores will jeopardize your chances then you are better off failing the exams and reappearing with a better prep program hoping to nail it then!
where did you get that info from???????? wow that is something....
where did you get that info from???????? wow that is something....
even in case they increase the passing score to 80, it is not going to have much of effect
u cannot get into a residency with 75-80 scores anyhow
i think it is better to flunk than ending between the above score bracket
atleast we have another chance
even in case they increase the passing score to 80, it is not going to have much of effect
u cannot get into a residency with 75-80 scores anyhow
i think it is better to flunk than ending between the above score bracket
atleast we have another chance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »