Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bluetooth,kita -where are you guys? - emam
hey iurie..... Maimonides is a good program. one of the good points about it is its in a good neighborhood for Brooklyn.
They offer prematch and the key thing would be your step 3 for prematch.
They had bad board passing rates since last couple of years and they don't want their residents to struggle with step 3 during residency and mess up boards.
good luck

I beg to differ from Bluetooth. I dont see why Maimonides is such a good program.

The board pass rate is ~60%. That's pathetic and speaks volumes of either their hiring or training process. Imagine getting into the program have your fingers crossed about passing the boards.

Moreover, most non-H1 IMGs/AMGs everywhere take step3 during residency, however it doesn't effect the board passing rate. If that is the word coming from Maimonides, they even don't know the root cause of the problem.

Furthermore, it is in a decent neighborhood ONLY when compared to most Bronx and Brooklyn hospitals, but if you got an interview from there, you may have got interviews from 7-8 decent pediatric hospitals outside New York area.

Opinions are subjective but I have tried to lay the facts here. I'm not trying to manipulate here, visit the hospital and decide for yourself.
I agree with blue tooth reg Maimonides. We cant imagine great things considering our situations. Amongst the IMG friendly hospitals, maimonides is good in terms of clinical material and other issues. Definetly Suny downstate academics are good. But What do u think are ur chances to get into a better program like that? The more I see people who didnt match lst year, the more I'm insecure and want to take prematch somewhere and Maimonides is definetly one such hospital. If you have better choice, u can opt.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »